9th September 2019 8:49am
From Saturday 21 September, Young Greenwich partner Royal Museums Greenwich will launch its third year of the National Art & Design Saturday Club at the National Maritime Museum. Part of the National Saturday Club network, this programme is free for young people aged 13-16 who live or study in the Royal Borough of Greenwich.
The National Saturday Club give young people a unique opportunity to study Art & Design every Saturday at various museums, colleges and universities across the UK free of charge. Sessions at the National Maritime Museum will take place at 10am-1pm.
Why you should take part:
• You will be located at the National Maritime Museum, in the heart of Maritime Greenwich UNESCO World Heritage Site.
• You will have the opportunity to explore artworks at the National Maritime Museum and sister site the Queen’s House and visit London’s best museums/galleries.
• You will get exclusive back-of-house access to the historic and contemporary art collections.
• You will have support by a professional artist to develop skills in critical thinking and creative practice.
• You will get the chance to work across different artistic disciplines and produce your own artworks and gain an accredited Bronze Arts Award.
• You will have the opportunity to exhibit your work as part of the National Saturday Club Summer Show at Somerset House, Central London.
Benefits of the National Saturday Club
This programme aims to nurture young people’s talent, broaden their understanding and enjoyment of the arts, and build their confidence and self-esteem. Last year, over 1,250 young people took part in the National Saturday Club resulting in 80% achieving higher GCSE results, 30% pursuing a foundation diploma or undergraduate study and 70% reporting their desire to pursue a career in the creative industry.
How to get involved
If you would like to get involved or know someone who would love this opportunity, click here to sign up for free now.
For further information, please contact Chi on 0208 312 8264 or email: email@example.com