Wednesday 22nd August 2012
The Trust’s Futsal Academy is a 2 year programme for 16-18 year olds, run in partnership with Bexleyheath Academy, aimed at providing pupils with a first class education and a chance to train and compete in a professional Futsal environment.
The course will take place at Sporting Club Thamesmead, Thamesmead, SE28 8RA.
During the Scholarship you can also earn qualifications that will help you gain employment in the sport and leisure industry; as well as training and competing in a professional futsal environment.
WHAT IS FUTSAL?
Futsal is an exciting, fast-paced 5-a-side game that is played all over the world and is officially recognised by both UEFA and FIFA.
Futsal is played on a hard surface pitch with hockey-sized goals and a size four ball with a reduced bounce.
Many world class footballers played Futsal in their youth and credit it with supporting their footballing development; players of the calibre of Lionel Messi, Xavi, Cesc Fabregas and Cristiano Ronaldo to name a few.
Our Scholarship programme is a two year full time course which offers the following:
- Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport
- Futsal for beginners coaching certificate
- Futsal Level 1 coaching certificate
- Futsal Refereeing Qualification
- Full PFC training and match day kit
- Compete in the south East region Futsal league
- Opportunity to gain work experience coaching with Charlton Athletic Community Trust
- Complements your development as a player and will not restrict your commitment or availability to your current football team
The Trust will also be holding an open day on the 24th August at Trust Thamesmead, 19a Joyce Dawson Way, from 10am-2pm.
For more information, or to sign up, contact Dan Wells at email@example.com or call 0208 320 4495.